John R. TilsonManaging Director
John Tilson is a Managing Director and member of the Executive Committee. He leads BGL’s investment banking activities in the Consumer group. John’s extensive transaction experience of over 25 years encompasses a long track record of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and strategic assignments for enthusiast, active lifestyle, and other branded platforms with particular emphasis on businesses driving e-commerce B2B and B2C revenue streams. Prior to joining BGL, John was a managing director in the Investment Banking Group at Banc One Capital Markets and its preceding organizations in Chicago and Detroit, now part of JPMorgan Chase.
- B.S., University of Illinois
- MBA, Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- National Board Member, Gift of Adoption Fund
- Chairman, Centennial Loan Fund, Winnetka Congregational Church
- Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 20, Winnetka, Illinois
- Series 7, 24, 63, and 79 Licensed