John R. TilsonManaging Director
John Tilson is a Managing Director and member of the Executive Committee. He leads BGL’s investment banking activities in the Consumer Group. John’s extensive transaction experience of over 25 years encompasses a long track record of mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, and strategic assignments for enthusiast, active lifestyle, and other branded platforms with particular emphasis on businesses driving eCommerce B2B and B2C revenue streams. Prior to joining BGL, John was a managing director in the Investment Banking Group at Banc One Capital Markets and its preceding organizations in Chicago and Detroit, now part of JPMorgan Chase.
- B.S., University of Illinois
- MBA, Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University
- National Board Member, Gift of Adoption Fund
- Chairman, Centennial Loan Fund, Winnetka Congregational Church
- Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 20, Winnetka, Illinois
- Series 7, 24, 63, and 79 Licensed