BGL Announces Promotions and Recent Additions to the Firm
November 09 2006
Brown Gibbons Lang & Company, a leading middle market investment bank, today announced the promotion of seven professionals and four recent additions to the firm. Receiving promotions are:
• H. Glen Clarke, managing director and head of the food and beverage practice, will assume the role as manager of the Chicago office. Clarke has over 15 years of experience in originating and executing mergers and acquisition mandates, leverage finance, private placements and other corporate finance related transactions within the Food and Agribusiness Industry and Private Equity sector.
• Robert J. Pietrick, from vice president to director. Pietrick is mainly focused on mergers and acquisitions advisory services with strong sector experience in distribution, plastics and packaging, and building products. He is based in Cleveland.
• Effram E. Kaplan, from senior associate to vice president. Kaplan, who is based in Cleveland, has completed transactions primarily in the industrial distribution and direct marketing industries.
• Paul A. Mariani, from senior associate to vice president. Chicago-based Mariani has executed assignments in such industries as automotive, aerospace and defense, consumer and industrial products, energy, general aviation and transportation.
• James B. Mooney, from associate to senior associate. Mooney, who is based in Cleveland, has worked on transactions in the metals, specialty chemicals and plastics and packaging industries.
• Joseph R. Boleski, from analyst to associate. Boleski has worked on assignments across a variety of industries, including consumer products, food and beverage, automotive, and industrial products since joining the BGL Chicago office.
• Elizabeth R. Rozsypal, from marketing coordinator to marketing manager. Chicago-based Rozsypal is responsible for developing and implementing the firm’s marketing communications strategies and organizing the Global M&A Cross-Border Conferences previously hosted in Chicago, Venice and Boston.
Additions to the Firm
Joining the firm’s Cleveland office as an IT director is Mark W. Metz. Metz has over 15 years of information technology experience. He was most recently a manager of IT Operations at Oglebay Norton Company.
Thomas A. Waltermire will join BGL as a senior advisor in the specialty chemicals practice. Waltermire is the former Chairman and CEO of PolyOne and is currently CEO of Team NEO, the number one economic development organization in Northeast Ohio. “Tom brings extensive experience to our specialty chemicals practice and we look forward to his contribution in strengthening this sector at BGL,” stated Michael Gibbons, senior managing director & chairman.
Charles (“Chip”) Wahle has joined the firm as a director. Formerly a vice president at Barrington Associates, Wahle has more than 15 years of investment banking and corporate finance experience. He will practice in Boston where he is opening BGL’s newest location.
Rory M. Hennessey joins BGL as an analyst in Cleveland. Hennessey previously worked at Soundview Capital Management Corporation after graduating from Yale University.