John M. Tiedmann Jr., a Director in BGL’s Healthcare Provider Services Group, is a featured panelist for the upcoming webinar, “Outlook for Outpatient Cardiology,” taking place on Tuesday, May 24th at 3 p.m. EDT. The webinar, which is presented by Farragut Square Group, includes a number of other panelists also operating in and advising across the cardiovascular landscape.
As physician practice management (PPM) platforms continue attracting the attention of the private equity community, investors are “moving up the acuity curve” with transactions in Orthopedics, Oncology, and Cardiology. And while outpatient Cardiology is still a nascent space, it is a key specialty that can take advantage of new preventive methods, formalized administrative infrastructure and resources, and the shift in site-of-care as more cardiovascular CPT codes are approved in the outpatient setting.
Topics for discussion include:
- Macro tailwinds for Cardiology, including demographic trends and the rise in chronic disease
- Drivers of the shift in cardiovascular care toward the ambulatory setting
- Regional provider variations/concentrations and supply/demand dynamics
- Traditional ancillaries such as imaging and other diagnostic services, and under-developed ancillary services including remote patient monitoring
- Policy tailwinds such as the ASC covered procedures list and reimbursement dynamics under the Physician and ASC fee schedules
- Variations in state regulations for office-based catheterization lab (OBL/Cath Lab) and ASC hybrids, and discussion of de novo OBL/ASC build time and cost/ramp to profitability
- Intentions of interventional cardiologists to leave HOPD employment in permissible states
- How investors need to think differently about Cardiology traditional PPM and ASC investments
- Expectations for M&A activity in 2022 and competition from hospitals and health systems