Brown Gibbons Lang & Company Solidifies Its Independence
October 30 2007
Brown Gibbons Lang & Company, a leading middle market investment banking firm, announced today the signing of a new definitive partnership agreement, whereby the ownership of BGL will be held by 12 senior investment bankers.
The transition to a new ownership structure has been under consideration for some time as the firm continues to grow and as the emphasis on enhanced client services remains a top priority for the company. The partnership agreement defines an entrepreneurial management structure, which aligns the interests and objectives of the firm with those of the professionals that will drive BGL’s continued success. This agreement encourages the retention of its leaders and promotes future growth from within.
“Our intention is to create the most dynamic and motivating investment banking ownership structure in the U.S. This partnership structure ensures the continued level of dedication and commitment of our bankers that our domestic and global clients have come to expect from BGL over our nearly 20 years of service,” stated Michael E. Gibbons, senior managing director & principal, and founding partner of BGL. “We have been and will continue to proudly remain one of the leading independent investment banking firms serving the middle market. Importantly, as the firm continues to grow, additional worthy professionals will be added to the partnership.”
The following individuals represent BGL’s new leadership team:
• Michael E. Gibbons – Senior Managing Director & Principal
• Thomas C. Denison – Senior Managing Director & Principal
• Scott T. Berlin – Managing Director & Principal
• H. Glen Clarke – Managing Director & Principal
• Andrew K. Petryk – Managing Director & Principal
• John R. Tilson – Managing Director & Principal
• Charles J. Wahle – Managing Director & Principal
• Cameron S. Miele – Director & Principal
• Effram E. Kaplan – Vice President & Principal
• Paul A. Mariani – Vice President & Principal
• Kevin H. Sargent – Vice President & Principal
• Sean J. Sullivan – Vice President & Principal
While the creation of the new ownership structure at BGL marks the beginning of an exciting new era, the firm will stay true to its mission of serving middle market businesses in the U.S. and internationally. BGL’s commitment to the middle market and its founding principles remain strong as it offers its clients high-quality services and in-depth knowledge through a diversified team of experienced professionals. “This is the next logical step in BGL’s growth plan. The new ownership structure will leverage the platform the firm continues to build and capitalize on the momentum that has been created. I am excited about the future and believe the rest of the partners feel the same way,” said H. Glen Clarke, managing director & principal at BGL.
BGL has grown measurably since opening its doors in 1989. Founded as a small regional firm, BGL has transformed into a globally recognized investment banking leader in the middle market. Some of the firm’s most recent developments include:
• The opening of a third office in Boston, for a total of three locations throughout the U.S. – Cleveland, Chicago and Boston, offering enhanced capabilities and access to middle market companies and their owners;
• BGL serves as the exclusive U.S. partner of Global M&A and continues to expand its global reach and services. Since inception, BGL has increased cross-border deal flow every year, which now accounts for nearly 25 percent of all closed transactions. Global M&A is widely recognized as the world’s leading partnership of independent middle market financial advisory firms, earning top rankings in the Thomson Financial league tables and “Investment Banking Firm of the Year” by the M&A advisor in 2005;
• In order to provide its clients with the highest level of sector-specific expertis"