Associates at BGL enjoy a high level of involvement at every stage of the transaction and frequent interaction with senior level bankers and management of client companies. Our associates are active contributors during every phase of the transaction process and are an integral part of each transaction team.
In addition, BGL associates work closely with our senior bankers to assist with their new business efforts.
Acting as a primary processor of transactions or proposals, an associate is expected to master all aspects of executing a transaction, creating a new business presentation, performing financial analysis and modeling, researching industries, and preparing offering memoranda and other written materials.
Associates are required to have the ability to work on two to three transactions at any one time. As they become more experienced, associates will be expected to manage transactions along with senior bankers and help coordinate the activities of team members, the client, attorneys, and accountants.
Generally, prior experience or an MBA degree is required for an associate position.
Candidates for this position should be dynamic, highly-motivated individuals with a sincere enjoyment of their work and should demonstrate a commitment to excellence in all tasks and to the growth of the firm as a leader in the middle market.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting industry research
- Actively participating in new business development
- Performing financial analyses and valuations
- Supporting senior bankers in transaction execution and client management
- Cultivating analyst development
- Identifying potential buyers or acquisition targets
Successful candidates possess the following characteristics:
- MBA from a top-tier business school
- Outstanding academic record
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong accounting and financial modeling knowledge and experience
- Exceptional leadership skills and proven team player