Analysts at BGL are entrusted with a high level of responsibility as important contributors to the transaction team. Our analysts work closely with associates and senior bankers in the preparation of presentation materials and analysis, and frequently interact with clients.
The primary duties of an analyst include compiling public and private company research, developing financial and valuation models and analyses, and performing detailed due diligence. Analysts must be able to interpret modeling results, draw conclusions, and report these findings to the transaction team.
An analyst is expected to work on a variety of assignments as part of multiple transaction teams. In this way, analysts at BGL can develop a broad range of skills and experience while working on all aspects of transactions – from initial contact to final negotiations.
Analyst positions at BGL offer opportunity for personal and professional growth for individuals with exceptional communication skills, organization, and a sincere pride in and enjoyment of their work.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conducting industry research
- Interacting with senior bankers and executives from client companies in preparation and presentation of transaction materials
- Ensuring the accuracy and adherence to the firm’s quality standards of all presentation materials and analyses
- Supporting the firms’ marketing and recruitment activities
Successful candidates possess the following characteristics:
- Outstanding academic record from a top-tier business school
- Strong qualitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional self-motivation and a drive to achieve excellence
- Team player