Brown Gibbons Lang & Company Taps Healthcare Industry Veteran as Senior Advisor
September 04 2007
Brown Gibbons Lang & Company today announced the appointment of John K. (“Jay”) Anderson, Jr. to the position of senior advisor in its healthcare industry practice. During his distinguished 36-year career, Mr. Anderson has served as a senior executive with leading publicly-traded, privately-held, and not-for-profit organizations in the healthcare and insurance sectors. His experience includes positions as:
• Chief Executive Officer of E.G. BALDWIN & ASSOCIATES, INC., a regional distributor of medical imaging products and services to hospitals and other medical providers (annual sales of over $125 million);
• President and Co-Founder of NATIONAL HEALTHCARE DISTRIBUTION, INC., the national contracting agency for a group of 15 regional medical imaging distributors whose collective annual revenues totaled in excess of $750 million;
• Executive Vice President and Chief Financial Officer of BAPTIST HEALTH SYSTEMS, INC., a $400 million healthcare system, which included three not-for-profit hospitals, a diversified for-profit company, and an active foundation;
• President and Chief Executive Officer of CAPITOL AMERICAN FINANCIAL CORPORATION, a former NYSE-listed insurance company (now owned by Conseco, Inc.) offering supplemental health products including cancer, accident, and heart insurance; and
• Executive Vice President, Treasurer, and Chief Financial Officer (previously National Executive Director, Cancer Insurance Division) of AMERICAN HERITAGE LIFE INVESTMENT CORPORATION, a former NYSE-listed group of life insurance companies (now owned by The Allstate Corporation) offering a full line of life and voluntary health, disability, and accident products.
Mr. Anderson currently serves as Chairman of the Board of Directors of Baptist Beaches Medical Center and Vice Chairman of the Board of Directors of FPIC Insurance Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:FPIC). He is a former certified public accountant, and holds a Masters in Business Administration from Northwestern University and a Bachelor of Business Administration from the University of Notre Dame.
“We are proud to have a man of Jay’s reputation and deep experience in the healthcare field assisting us in expanding our healthcare practice. Jay’s addition to the BGL team is another significant step in our strategy to partner with industry thought leaders to optimize outcomes for BGL’s clients,” said Michael E. Gibbons, senior managing director & principal at BGL.
“As we help our clients navigate the ever-increasing complexities of the healthcare industry, experts like Jay will add significant value,” said Sean J. Sullivan, vice president & principal at BGL.
About Brown Gibbons Lang & Company
Brown Gibbons Lang & Company is a leading independent investment bank serving middle market companies and their owners throughout the U.S. and internationally. BGL’s professionals are experts in mergers and acquisitions, debt and equity placements, and financial restructurings. BGL is the U.S. partner firm in Global M&A
, one of the world’s leading partnerships of top-tier, mid-market, cross-border investment banks. Global M&A was named 2005 Investment Bank of the Year by The M&A Advisor. For more information, please visit www.bglco.com.
← Back to Press Releases